All members are expected, while on the premises of the Lighthouse, to follow the Lighthouse Code of Conduct. However:
THE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OF GROUP MEMBERS OR MEETING PARTICIPANTS DURING MEETINGS WILL BE THAT OF THE GROUP SECRETARY OR CHAIRPERSON OF THE INDIVIDUAL MEETING.
Each group is responsible for clean-up following the meeting. This includes, but is not limited to, wiping down the tables, cleaning coffee area, emptying trash and covering trash cans with lids, and cleaning spills from the floor. No food is to be left out at any time, unless in an air-tight container.
The following pertains to Lighthouse membership, Lighthouse use, building maintenance, and conduct of members and guests of the Lighthouse functions:
- All members are encouraged to respect the ethnic, racial, religious, and sexual boundaries of all members.
- No person who is high or intoxicated is permitted on the premises unless they are seeking Twelve-Step help.
- No possession and/or consumption of drugs and/or alcohol are permitted on the premises.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Lighthouse Club. Individuals can smoke outside, where ashtrays and butt cans are provided.
- No physical violence is permitted on the premises.
- Excessive profanity is not permitted on the premises.
- Vulgar and/or lewd behavior, either verbal or physical, is strictly forbidden.
- No weapons are permitted on the premises.
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times while on the premises.
- Sleeping on the premises is not permitted.
- No solicitation of products and/or services unrelated to Twelve-Step Incorporated, the Lighthouse Club, or any of the various 12-Step programs while on the premises.
- Removal of Lighthouse Club fixtures from the premises is strictly forbidden, and will be prosecuted.
- Vandalism within the Lighthouse Club will be prosecuted.
- Theft of any Lighthouse materials and/or members’ possessions will be prosecuted.
- Games of chance with money on the table are not permitted on the premises, unless sponsored by the Lighthouse Club.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for their children’s behavior.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for cleaning up after their children.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for any damages incurred to the Lighthouse Club as a result of actions or activities by the children of said.
Individuals who fail to abide by the code of conduct will be subject to the following consequences:
1st Offense – Verbal Warning
2nd Offense – Verbal & Written Warning
3rd Offense – Prohibited from being on Twelve Step, Inc./Lighthouse premises (both inside and/or outside)
(As revised by the Lighthouse Executive Committee on October 10, 2014.)